How to Get a Degree with a SOCMAR College
- Go to your Marine Corps Lifelong Learning Center.
- Decide on a program of study from a SOCMAR college and apply for admission. This is your home college.
- Request a SOCMAR Student Agreement. (Home college must issue by 6 semester hours.)
- Send official transcripts to your home college (e.g., military, testing, other colleges).
- Continue to complete the degree requirements listed on your SOCMAR Student Agreement.
- Complete academic residency (usually 25% of the degree) with your home college.
- Send additional transcripts back to your home college after taking transfer courses, nationally-recognized exams, or receiving more credit for military training and experience.
- Complete all degree requirements and confirm their completion with your home college.
- Apply for graduation.