SOC Career & Technical Education Membership Criteria
Certificates selected for inclusion in the SOC Career & Technical Education (CTE) resource will reflect the needs of military, have bright employment outlooks, and meet the following criteria:
- Signatory of DoD MOU agreeing to established participation requirements in each Service’s Tuition Assistance (TA) program
- Cost of tuition must not exceed military Tuition Assistance
- Proposed certificate program must be eligible for Title IV funding
- Institution must commit to acceptance of evaluated credit for military training and occupational experience within each certificate program, where applicable
- Proposed certificate programs must be approved by the appropriate State Approving Agency for Veteran Affairs education benefits
- Course requirements for certificate programs must fully integrate into other college-offered associate degree programs
- Program access and proximity to military installations
- Certificate programs have programmatic accreditation, where applicable
- Affirmation of compliance with the SOC Principles and Criteria
Where institutional program nominations exceed capacity, additional selection criteria will be considered (e.g., PECS history, course completion rate, current enrollment trends with military and veteran students).
For questions about the CTE Resource List contact Sonja Ferguson, SOC Career and Technical Education Program Coordinator, at 800-368-5622 or email@example.com.
SOC CTE Certificates
SOC CTE Call for Applications
Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) has issued a Call for Applications for the SOC Career and Technical Education (CTE) program. Click here to view the announcement letter from SOC Director, John Ballard.
The third application period for the CTE Resource list is currently open, and applications will be reviewed for the following selected Career and Technical Education Career Clusters:
- Business Management & Administration
- Health Sciences
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
The deadline for applications to the program has been extended through June 29, 2017. Program applications may be submitted online via the SOC website.
For questions about the SOC CTE program, contact Sonja Ferguson, SOC Career and Technical Education Program Coordinator, at 800-368-5622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About SOC
- Degree Network System
- Career & Technical Education
- Publications & Resources
- Workshops & Webinars