Responsibilities of the SOCCOAST Student
When a student enrolls as a degree-seeking student in a SOCCOAST degree, he or she must take the following steps:
- Request a Joint Services Transcript
- Request an official evaluation and degree plan from the home college in the form of a Student Agreement and arrange to provide all the necessary documentation of prior learning, including transcripts from other colleges and universities, and forms such as the Joint Services Transcript (JST) or DD 214 documenting military experience.
- Retain a personal copy of the SOCCOAST Student Agreement signed by the college;
- Request official approval from the home college before taking courses from other colleges for course substitutions (Courses sharing SOC DNS Category Code don’t require prior approval.); once courses have been completed, forward transcripts to the home college;
- Forward documentation of additional test scores and military training and occupational experience for credit evaluation to the home college;
- Update his or her personal copy of the SOCCOAST Student Agreement after completing courses each semester;
- Meet home college academic residency prior to completing the degree;
- File a graduation request or application with the home college after completing all degree requirements.